Centennial is looking for a Proposal Manager or Proposal Support Specialist at our Leesburg, VA office to help us with proposal development efforts including information gathering, coordinating, communicating, writing, editing, formatting, and print production support. You will collaborate with Centennial professionals to develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the team’s overall solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, win themes and discriminators.
- Applies interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information to support writing activities.
- Researches and collaborates on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections
- Translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text
- Rewrites and reviews proposal sections and related proposal documents.
- Substantially contribute to proposal content in a technical writer role
- Performs desktop publishing, formatting, copy editing, and proofreading of all content across both large and small proposal efforts
- Coordinates information flow between multiple contributors
- Assists with the completion of a high-quality, on-time proposal response
- Assists in print production of proposals as required
- Develops, updates, and maintains proposal information and proposal-related repositories for information that includes resumes, past performance, contracts data, and technical and management plans
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as liberal arts, communications, HR (Must have GPA 3.0 or above)
- Must have experience in proposal development, and management supporting federal sector.
- Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Ability to surge work schedule to meet proposal schedule demands
- Excellent writing skills including understanding of grammatical rules, punctuation, sentence structure, and active/passive voice
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to adhere to proposal development, review, and production schedules through strong time management
- The ability to understand, use, and modify common Proposal Management templates and tools to include proposal outlines, proposal schedules, past performance citations, color team reviews and review briefs etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, with advanced Microsoft Word skills strongly desired (e.g., document formatting, table manipulation, line spacing, header numbering through Word styles, etc.)
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with a variety of personnel and organizations
- Must have strong commitment and great work ethic
- No clearance required
- Attention to detail is a must
Location: Leesburg, VA when office opens. Until then remote
US Citizen or Green Card holder